Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Suddenly Spring Challenge - The Big Reveal!

In January I entered this challenge posted by Michelle Mach.


I loved the rhinestone spacers and the color of the crystals in the kit. My kit arrived beautifully packaged by Michelle.


A recent issue of "Stringing" magazine featured a necklace incorporating lucite flowers as a sort of connector. When I first saw it I knew I'd find a use for Denise Yezbak Moore's technique and here was my opportunity. I brought out my stash of lucite flowers and pulled peach, daffodil, white and pink from the bag. Instantly, the daffodil popped with the aqua crystals. I added a few Swarovski crystals from my collection along with some Bali bead caps I'd been hoarding. Then, thinking about what else I could add in addition to the flowers that would be "springy", I added a tiny bird and nest from Earthenwood (Melanie Brooks). Here's the resulting necklace:  


To see more detail you can click on any of the photos.


With a few crystals and spacers leftover, I chose to make a bracelet. I added more Swarovski crystals, antique silver flower beads and a lucite flower dangle. And a sweet little butterfly clasp.


I think I've done a reasonable job of portraying "Spring" in these two pieces. What do you think?

Please take a few minutes to check out what the other participants have created:

Michelle - Beads & Books [Hostess]



Dita - Alankarshilpa

Donetta - Simply Gorgeous


Heather - As I Bead It




Kim - CianciBlue


Linda - Lindy's Designs





Pamela - Someday Beads

Renetha - Lamplight Crafts

Sharyl - Catchenthesun


No comments:

Post a Comment