. . . here's my entry for the Secret Snowflake Challenge. I knew the finished item(s) were to be posted January 15th. I just didn't realize Sunday was the 15th and thought I had till Monday.
Jewelry designer Michelle Mach offered up this challenge on her blog, Beads and Books, last December 23rd.
It's been a while since I entered a challenge -- last time was when Deryn Mentock worked her way through Mary Hettmansperger's book Wrap, Stitch, Fold and Rivet.
Little did I realize how long it had been; here's a link to one of Deryn's November 2008 blog posts featuring one of my entries:
What a great challenge that was! If you really want to challenge yourself, I highly recommend that you get a book like Mary's and work your way through, project by project. But I digress. Back to the current challenge, Michelle Mach's Secret Snowflake Challenge. Here's a photo of the challenge kit contents:
And here are a couple additional photos of my finished entries.
This is part of a Susan Lenart Kazmer clasp. I layered snowflake confetti pieces that came with the kit along with German silver glitter and tiny freshwater pearls in resin.
The real challenge for me was in combining the shades of aqua and blue, something I wouldn't normally do. What do you think?
Secret Snowflake Participants
Please visit the blogs of all the jewelry designers who participated!
- Alice (Alice Dreaming)
- Chris (beadjewelry.net)
- Christa (Adventures of One Beady Woman)
- Crystal (Here Bead Dragons)
- Cynthia (Cynth's Blog)
- Dawn (Morning Glory Beading)
- Donetta (Simply Gorgeous)
- Erin A.
- Jennifer (JenniferJW)
- Jennifer (Jewelry, Art and Life)
- Kari W. - Coming soon!
- Kate (We Can Make That at Home)
- Kay (Palm Coast Art) YOU ARE HERE!
- Linda (Lindy's Designs)
- Lisa C. (A Bead a Day)
- Lisa (Inspired Adornments)
- Mary (MLH Designs)
- Michelle (Beads & Books)
- Michelle B. (Reverie & Revival)
- Millie (AMM Jewelry)
- Norma (Moonlit Fantasies)
- Pam (The Crazier Sister)
- Pamela - Designs pictured on this page
- Rebecca J. - Designs pictured on this page
- Renetha (Lamplight Crafts)
- Rosemarie (Gem Rose Designs)
- Shannon (Falling into the Sky)
- Susan (Bead Inspired)
- Therese (Therese's Treasures)
- Therese (Domestic Goddess Enterprises)